The back story
GPnetworks was the inspiration of a GP. Back in noughties, a GP, working as a locum had the idea that an online network that connected all the locums with all the Practices would benefit everyone (except the agencies).
The GP teamed up with a techie mate and together they devised the first version of the system.
Needless to say, it was a great success and more sophisticated versions followed.
Our reason to exist
We exist because we believe in the idea that we can provide a platform that is capable of saving time, stress and money and we believe we can do this without charging an arm and a leg for the service.
We think that we can show NHS services a better way to interact with the clinical resources that surround them and that we can offer the people that comprise that clinical resource a single account that makes managing their professional lives easier.
With a free practitioner account, you can
- Connect yourself and your availability to your choice of employers
- Receive email and in-app notifications of all requests & activity
- Chat with practices to arrange, clarify & negotiate
- View and manage a schedule of your commitments
- Auto generate your invoices to employers – pension calculated or opt-out
- Build your professional profile, competencies, certificates & qualifications
- Keep connected with all your account activity with our app
We offer two types of employer account:
- Practice Manager accounts
- Hub Workforce accounts
We offer free trial accounts to Practices so that they can see how effective the solution can be for them. If they wish to continue when the trial ends, we charge £150 per year for unlimited access.
Our Workforce accounts offer a service level solution for Primary Care Hub services and Clusters, including Compliance management, complex scheduling using AI, All financial calculations, inc costs and workforce pay – plus sophisticated reporting. We also offer free Pilots to PCN’s and Primary Care services and have a number of paid license models to choose from.