Some facts about GPnetworks:
- GPnetworks has the most advanced online locum availability system in the UK
- Our system intelligently matches locations
- We’re PCT funded in many areas
- We’re 100% free
- All data is kept private (you choose who can see you)
- We have over 400 Practices and Health Centres looking for locums around the UK
- Practices are also advertising salaried positions to our GP members
- We are not a locum agency
GPnetworks is a small, private company, that supplies a free web-based service to locum GP’s, Practices and Health Centres in the UK.
The service offers an intelligent, localised availability system that matches GP’s and Practices together in a way that saves both parties time and money.
It is intended as a free, quick & simple alternative to using a locum agency for Practices and Locum GP’s
- You can manage your sessional availability in your Calendar
- You can keep private notes for any day in your Calendar (notes can downloaded as a excel file)
- You control your location in your Profile tab
- You specify how far you are willing to travel to work in your Surgeries tab
- You control which surgeries can see your sessional availability in your Surgeries tab
- You will receive email notifications when Surgeries Request you via the system
- You can search the most important Clinical database in one click in your Clinical data tab
- You can save Clinical data searches into your own history, add notes and download history as a pdf
For Practices and Health Centres:
You can use the system to find up-to-date GP sessional availability, then contact the GP’s yourself or make Request to GP’s via the system
If you use the system to contact the Dr’s – then the GPetworks system becomes a much more useful tool.
- It handles the communication with notifications to both parties and reminders where a party has failed to respond
- It creates both a sessional schedule and work history in your Calendar
- It allows you to make multiple Requests to multiple GP’s in 2 clicks and sit back to await their responses (via the system)
- When a Request progresses to a Booking, the system adjusts the GP’s availability to reflect the change – this keeps the system data up-to-date and better focused for everyone else
To some it may seem obvious how to use the system and easy to find locum work. To others however, it may be less apparent. especially if that person does live in an area where gpnetworks has lots of active practices.
This post is intended as a outline of how to use the system to maximise your opportunity to find gp locum work.
1. Set your postcode and email address
You must have a valid postcode and email address set in your account. Without these, your account will not function properly. This is managed in the Profile tab (click the ‘update’ button after making any changes)
2. Specify a useful work radius
The greater your work radius, the more practices you will be see in your Surgeries tab. These are the practices that will see your availability, if you wish them to.
3. Make sure you have selected lots of practices in your Surgeries tab (make sure you save after changes)
4. Add your skills
Add any skills and qualification you have in your Skills tab (make sure you save after changes)
5. Upload your CV in your Profile tab (avoid using a commas or special characters in the file name)
6. Add a useful short note to your Profile tab (Practices will see this)